The Project Manager is an essential member of the services team and PMO, working closely with the Professional Services Director in complex projects involving multiple technology practices from initiation to closure. The PM will lead highly skilled project teams consisting of members from some or all of the various Practices within Solutions II to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget. This role is the focal point for communication to both clients and Senior Management up through Executive level. The PM ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. This role will interview stakeholders and sponsors to ensure scope and project management deliverables are understood and agreed to when initiating projects. In addition, this role will oversee all project life cycle components (initiate, plan, execute, control, close) over the entire project life. The PM must be familiar with system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of project team members, to effectively coordinate the activities of the team. This role will act as a consultant to other assigned IT Project Managers by mentoring and providing training.
Additionally, the Project Manager will:
- Oversee scoping and planning of assigned projects including the following areas:
- Scoping of Work Activities – Document all activities, milestones, and deliverables associated with the project for sign-off between the project team and the client.
- Budget Planning – Assist in determining the cost estimates, pricing, and expenses associated with a project for sign-off by the client.
- Communication Planning – Document expectations for the client regarding communication for the project.
- Risk Management Planning – Document all identified risks, issues, and pending decisions associated with the project and the plan for managing these items.
- The Project Manager will be responsible for delivery and execution of assigned projects including the following areas:
- Budget – Including time entry approval of assigned resources, purchases associated with the project, and invoice approval.
- Milestones –Ensure the project adheres to the project plan and milestones agreed upon by the client and project team.
- Communication – Manage the communication plan and be the focal point between the customer, the project team, and Solutions II management.
- Risks – Active management of the risks and issues that arise during the project
- Change Management – Ensure changes to the scope of work are actively managed, estimated, priced, and approved by clients prior to inclusion in any project.
- Customer Satisfaction – In partnership with the client’s assigned client rep, the PM is responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction with regard to the execution of the project.
- The Project Manager may also be required to assist in the following other areas:
- Sales Support:
- Creating and presenting proposals and Statements of Work for clients.
- Meeting with clients to assist in identifying or qualifying new opportunities.
- Assisting in the education of the sales team regarding Solutions II’s consulting and development capabilities
- Mentoring other Project Managers
- Assisting on other projects as needed (may not be in a Project Management role, but assisting with requirements gathering, testing, documentation, etc.)
- Sales Support:
- Some travel is required. The amount of travel required for a given project is at the discretion of the project manager. Although most travel is expected to be by vehicle (in support of regional clients for all of Solutions II’s offices), some air travel may be needed depending on specific client locations
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 5-7 years of Project Management experience with a focus on IT infrastructure projects preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Industry Certifications (PMP, ITIL, etc.) desired.
Skills & Expectations
- Project Management methodologies.
- Experience with project management tools for project tracking.
- Ability to motivate project team members, alleviate barriers, and measure progress.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate equally with users, technical resources, and senior management.
- Advance time management and analytical skills
- Contract understanding and technical writing skills desired
- Positive Attitude and Excellent Customer Facing Skills
- Strong Problem-Solving Abilities
- An Active Listener
- Organized and Self Confident
- Command Authority Naturally
- Ability to Negotiate and Personal Organization
- Risk Management
Email your resume to email@example.com