The Security Architect is an essential member of the Security practice, working closely with the sales organization in delivering pre-sales technical security architecture support working within a team. He or she is responsible for supporting the sales team in identifying opportunities with new and existing clients, designing solutions to solve problems for those clients, and scoping both professional and managed services to provide a complete end to end solution for our clients. The Security Architect is typically the technical subject matter expert (SME) in one or more technology areas while acting as a generalist in others. The Security Architect reports to the Sr. Director of Security within the Sales organization.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide technical sales support during meetings with clients as well as sales meetings with the internal teams.
- Design and present on-premise/off-premise solutions with a focus on security technology and controls. This will require working with the local sales team (Account Executive and Solutions Architect) to help them design appropriate solutions for our clients.
- Lead the solution discussion and whiteboard sessions in client meetings that may include participation from business, executive, management and technical teams.
- Strong focus on understanding client and partner challenges, and how they can utilize solutions to support their business and increase their overall security posture.
- Ability to engage in both business and technical conversations at all levels of an organization and drive out requirements to meet the client’s business needs
- Formulate responses to client questions concerning product offerings and capabilities – includes generating pricing and statements of work.
- Drives requirements analysis and base lining processes, clarify requirements with clients, ensuring the solution resolves underlying client issues
- Collaborate internally to validate the technical solutions involving products and controls. Aid in offering industry expertise and strategic thinking to leadership where it could help drive revenue in the field.
- Coordinates client implementation with service delivery organization and provides design clarifications as required.
- Conduct training for partners, agents and clients on products and services.
- Partner with internal teams to sell and deliver the best possible client experience.
- Other sales responsibilities as assigned by management.
Subject Matter Expert with (2 or more) of the tools/controls listed below (or similar) and general knowledge of others:
- Boundary/Edge Firewalls: Palo Alto Networks, Check Point, Fortinet, Cisco ASA, F5
- Threat Vulnerability Management: Tenable, Rapid7, Qualys
- Endpoint Security/EDR: Palo Alto Networks, McAfee, Trend Micro, Sophos, Crowdstike, Microsoft
- Sandboxing/Malware: FireEye, Check Point
- SIEM/SOAR: IBM QRadar, Splunk, Microsoft Azure Sentinel
- CASB: Netskope, Forcepoint
- Deep network knowledge, VPNs, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Proxy Server, Load Balancers
- DLP, FIM, PAM
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 10+ years’ experience or Bachelor’s Degree and 6+ years’ experience
- CISSP and/or other security industry certifications
Skills & Expectations
A qualified candidate should have the following desired skill sets:
- Great communication skills leveraging various forms of media (Direct client interaction at various levels from Security Analysts to CISO, Whiteboarding, Powerpoint, Visio, WebEx, etc)
- Ability to quickly and accurately assess client’s needs based on data discovered through client interactions
- Ability and willingness to evaluate various security controls on a situation by situation basis and make technology/control recommendations based on client’s needs, knowledge, skillsets, budget, etc
- Knowledge of various compliance standards - HIPAA, PCI, etc.
- Understanding of security frameworks (NIST CSF, ISO, etc.)
- Willingness for continuing education around cybersecurity as well as up and coming security products, vendors, and solutions
- Excellent Communicator
- Positive Attitude and Excellent Client-Facing Skills
- Strong Problem-Solving Abilities
- An Active Listener
- Organized and Self Confident
- Comfortable working Independently but Collaborating when needed
- Strong Sense of Ownership
- Executes with a Sense of Urgency
- Thirst for Knowledge
The comprehensive benefits package includes but not limited to; a range of medical packages, dental, vision, PTO, and sick time. The compensation package is comprised of base salary plus additional sales commission and bonus structure. The base salary for this position ranges between $75K-$100K with on-target potential earnings of $200K.
Interested?? Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org