The Solutions Architect is an essential member of the Architecture team, working closely with the sales organization in delivering pre-sales technical support working within a team. He or she is responsible for supporting the sales team in identifying opportunities with new and existing clients, designing solutions to solve problems for those clients, and scoping both professional and managed services to provide a complete end to end solution for our clients. The Solutions Architect is typically the technical subject matter expert (SME) in one or more technology areas while acting as a generalist in others. The Solutions Architect reports to the Director of Architecture within the Services organization.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide technical pre-sales support during meetings with clients as well as sales meetings with the internal teams.
- Design and present on premise/off-premise infrastructure solutions.
- Lead the solution discussion and white board sessions in client meetings that may include participation from business, executive, management and technical teams.
- Strong focus on understanding client challenges and pain points, and how they can utilize solutions to support their business and mitigate their challenges/pain points.
- Ability to engage in both business and technical conversations at all levels of an organization and drive out requirements to meet the client’s business needs
- Formulate responses to client questions concerning product offerings and capabilities – includes generating pricing and statements of work.
- Drives requirements analysis and base lining processes, clarify requirements with clients, ensuring the solution resolves underlying client issues
- Collaborate internally to validate technical solutions. Aid in offering industry expertise and strategic thinking to leadership where it could help drive revenue in the field.
- Coordinates client implementation with service delivery organization and provides design clarifications as required.
- Conduct training for partners, agents and clients on products and services.
- Partner with internal teams to sell and deliver the best possible client experience.
- Owning the client technical experience from initial discussions to final solution Types of activities include but are not limited to writing SOWs, assessments, solution design and other architectural deliverables.
- Other sales responsibilities as assigned by management.
Technology Domains with the expectation that the candidate will be a Subject Matter Expert with 2 (or more) of the technology areas listed below and general knowledge of the others:
- Data Center Infrastructure
- Compute (legacy, converged, and HCI)
- Storage (Block and NAS)
- Backup and Recovery / Disaster Recovery
- Public Cloud
- Vulnerability/Threat Management
- Cloud (CASB, etc)
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 10+ years' experience or Bachelor’s Degree and 6+ years' experience
- Industry Specific Certifications (VMware VCP, VMware VTSP, Cisco CCNA, etc)
Skills & Expectations
A qualified candidate should have the following desired skill sets:
- Comfortable discussing business needs, gathering requirements, and recommending solutions that may be technology and/or services focused.
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Multi-technology domain expertise
- Familiarity with Enterprise Architecture frameworks (TOGAF, Gartner, etc.)
- Familiarity with Project Delivery methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- Cloud Providers (IaaS, PaaS) - AWS, Azure, IBM/Bluemix, Google, etc.
- Comfortable with technology capacity and performance sizing
- Comfortable with making project work level estimates
- Comfortable with developing/writing project scopes and statements of work
- Proficient with Microsoft Visio
- Comfortable with leading whiteboard discussion
- Excellent Communicator
- Positive Attitude and Excellent Client Facing Skills
- Strong Problem-Solving Abilities
- An Active Listener
- Organized and Self Confident
- Comfortable working Independently but Collaborating when needed
- Strong Sense of Ownership
- Executes with a Sense of Urgency
- Thirst for Knowledge
Interested?? Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org