The Solutions Engineer is responsible for the technical implementations for clients, billable and non-billable ongoing support and non-product tied services in a consistent and effective manner. The Solutions Engineer is also responsible for product and operational knowledge and the ability to convey that knowledge to the Client. This position sometimes requires travel as well as evening and weekend work. The Solutions Engineer reports directly to the Manager of Managed Services.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Provide support for products and services remotely involving unique environments and configurations; this may include troubleshooting, implementation, customizations, integrations and product orientation for the client.
- Performs daily/weekly/monthly management of basic to complex customer environments, this may include installing and upgrading software / code, configuring network interfaces, configuring files systems, running scripts, testing / validating final product solutions and developing appropriate client configuration guides.
- Learn and maintain current and in-depth knowledge of Solution II’s Core technologies and related products and solutions as it relates to your skill set.
- Create detailed, accurate and concise professional documentation and reports for customers.
- Regularly communicates status of all applicable client issues to the team and manager.
- Ensure effective resolution of technical issues encountered managing customer environments.
- Works and communicates well other team members.
- Takes all appropriate actions steps to ensure customers environments are running appropriately and as designed.
- Performs assignments and/or special projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 4+ years’ experience and/or Bachelor’s Degree
- Industry Specific Certifications preferred
Skills and Expectations
- Strong familiarity with Datacenter Infrastructure, compute, storage, & network. (Experience with Converged and Hyper-Converged a plus)
- Experience with Virtualization Administration, primarily VMware and VMware vSAN (VMware VCP 6.7 + a plus)
- Administration of Windows Server 2012 -2019 (certifications a plus)
- Administration of RedHat Enterprise Linux 7 – 8 (certifications a plus)
- Administration of AIX and iSeries is a plus
- Network administration
- Experience with Storage Systems, i.e, IBM, Netapp, HPE, Dell/EMC, etc.
- Experience with backup & disaster recovery methodology, technologies, and products (Experience with Veeam a plus)
- Comfortable working with end users to resolve technical issues (either onsite or remote)
- Strong organization and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Strong logic and reasoning skills in troubleshooting system issues
- Strong documentation skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Familiarity with Office365 Application Suite a plus
Our competitive compensation package includes an attractive base salary, commissions, bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package.
Compensation Range: $110,000 - $135,000.
Email your resume to email@example.com